Welcome to Carsten Johnsen’s resources! His written material will be freely available here in electronic formats.
Who is Carsten Johnsen?
Doctor, Professor, Uncle? See Carsten Johnsen’s Biography and Tributes.
Why this Web Site?
Who would go to all this trouble? See About.
What did Carsten Johnsen write?
See Carsten Johnsen’s Bibliography for information on his complete list of books and articles. (If we have missed some, please let us know!)
His main books are in the following table. If EPUB or PDF is linked, you can download that title!
- 20 June 2017:
> 7 EPUB and PDF books are here (see below).
> Agape and Eros is to be added to our EPUB and PDF collection shortly!
> Day of Destiny II located! This document which Carsten mentioned on p. 168 of Day of Destiny, and again on the cover of Crucial Events in SDA Theology Today, was shared by a former student of Carsten’s, and was noted to be on file at the EGW Research Center at Andrews University, where Carsten taught for 10 years. The title Carsten had given it was “Dependence on Self versus Dependence on the Other One as Elements of Drama in the Philosophy of Seventh-day Adventism.” He had apparently penciled beside the title two alternate titles: “Autarkeia versus Metanoia” and “Part II, The Seventh Day.” We are working to digitize this document, which is comprised of 84 half pages (apparently Carsten’s favorite manuscript format).
|About Women||EPUB||Yes, through Adventist Pioneer Library|
|Agape and Eros||not yet||not yet||Yes, through Adventist Pioneer Library|
|Crucial Events in SDA Theology||EPUB||No; used book stores may have it|
|Day of Destiny||not yet||not yet||No; used book stores may have it|
|Day of Destiny II||not yet||not yet||No; but on file at EGW Research Center at Andrews University under a different title|
|God, the Situation Ethicist||not yet||not yet||No; used book stores may have it|
|The Maligned God||not yet||not yet||Yes, through Adventist Pioneer Library|
|Man the Indivisible||EPUB||No; used book stores may have it; ISBN-10: 8200087239; ISBN-13: 9788200087236 (Copyright permission, Research Council of Norway, 3 December 2014)|
|The Mystic Omega of Endtime Crisis [Omega I]||EPUB||Yes, republished by Secrets Unsealed August 2014.|
|Omega II||EPUB||Yes, through Adventist Pioneer Library|
|Omega III||EPUB||No; used book stores may have it|
|The Science of the Occult||EPUB||No; published only in eBook format|
|World Communism in Endtime Prophecy||not yet||not yet||No; used book stores may have it|
|The Writing in the Sand||not yet||not yet||No; used book stores may have it; ISBN-10: 0533059402; ISBN-13: 9780533059409|
Miscellaneous information on his books:
- The Science of the Occult was newly published August 2012, released only in e-book formats, on the 25th anniversary of Carsten Johnsen’s death, and dedicated to his two sons, Per and Andreas.
- See the Bibliography page for indication of which titles were included on the 1995 Words of the Pioneers CD-ROM published by the Adventist Pioneer Library, and how this electronic collection in a FolioViews infobase can still be obtained by a free download.
Can I find a sample of Carsten’s writings?
Try these short extracts. They will be helpful to catch the threads of thoughts and insights on important issues.
- “Going Down” (10 April 2014; 14 pages) How fundamental is the principle of humility?
- Motherliness and Agape (10 April 2014; 6 pages) What does motherliness and motherhood have to do with agape?
- Pagan Thought-Forms and the Role of Spirit of Prophecy (10 April 2014; 13 pages) Could you be immersed in thought patterns only God can deliver you from?
- Profound Statements about the Spirit of Prophecy (10 April 2014; 5 pages) In what light did Carsten view the modern Spirit of Prophecy?
- Thesis, Antithesis, and Synthesis (10 April 2014; 17 pages) How do we keep together what God never designed to be apart, and separate what God never intended to be together?
Where can I find more information about Carsten?
- Conceptual Connections Between Books. You may enjoy this timeline that explains (mostly in Carsten’s own words) his books and their connections.
- AdventNytt February 2014. This periodical has a 4 page feature article on Carsten (all in Norwegian) which includes the cover picture, and an article by Carsten “The Dream of the Lost Land” along with a biographical sidebar on pp. 24-27. This feature commemorated the 100th anniversary 23 February 2014 of Carsten’s birth.
Last Update on site: 20 June 2017